What is it?
Common “green” algae are microscopic, aquatic plant-like organisms and can be free-floating or wall clinging. Algae grow in salt or fresh water and thrive in temperatures above 85°F. In fact, it can “bloom” overnight. Algae spores constantly enter pool by rain, wind, animals, toys or swimsuits and left unchecked, can clog filters and create surface damage.
To Kill Green Algae:
- Use Banish® as it kills all types of swimming pool algae.
5 Steps to Prevent Algae Growth:
1. Maintain a sanitizer residual of 1-3 ppm
2. Do an initial and weekly application of a preventative algicide (such as Backup 2)
3. Shock routinely
4. Make sure there is adequate circulation and filtration
5. Brushing surfaces is vital!