Excessive Chlorine Loss
What is it?
The consistent inability to maintain chlorine levels is also called “chlorine demand” and is most often caused by a high level of inorganic and organic contaminants in the water. Those contaminants force the chlorine to work extremely hard to oxidize them, leaving little chlorine to protect swimmers. Proper chlorine levels cannot be reestablished without first eliminating the contaminants. External factors such as sunlight and heat also contribute to chlorine loss.
To Fix Excessive Chlorine Loss:
To Prevent Excessive Chlorine Loss:
- Add Pool Complete™ to your weekly maintenance routine to reduce contaminant levels
- Maintain an appropriate sanitizer residual of 1-3 ppm
- Shock/oxidize routinely or as needed depending on bather load
- Test water frequently and adjust as needed
- Routinely check for circulation and filtration issues