BioGuard Algicides – Algae Killing and Prevention
Prevent Algae Before it becomes an Issue
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System
*such as perspiration, suntan lotions, hair sprays, body oils, urine, pet dander, and cosmetics.
Do all Algicides Kill Algae?
Not all algicides are alike, only algicides that have been approved by the EPA for killing algae actually perform. All BioGuard products have been thoroughly reviewed and proven effective. Various kinds of algae may require different treatments to ensure they are eliminated.
Prevent Algae from Appearing with Routine Weekly Maintenance
Back Up® 2
Prevent Algae and Enhance Water Feel
To Kill Algae Once it has Appeared in Your Pool
- Our premium formula, highly effective, kills ALL types of algae
- Fast-acting, non-foaming, producing results in 24 hours
- Use in chlorine or bromine pools with all surfaces or filter types
Spot Kill® and Spot Kill® WP
- Especially effective on black algae growth
- Spot Kill WP is for white plaster pools only (do not use on any bleachable surfaces)